Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Torn between types


MrsEavesby Zuzano Licko
(image taken from Emigre Fonts)


One of my random works.

I've been obsessed with this type. I don't know why. Then again I've been obsessed with one type phase at a time, just like my boy phase. It's bad, but it's also good. MrsEaves is like the petite version of Caslon and Baskerville, which speaks in a quiet, but elegant tone. I've left a lot of MrsEaves trails all over my work, but the images I've used most with this type are vintage photographs, postcards and posters. Maybe I molded it that way. Would love to work on this, but I've also another type in mind.


---------------------


Georgia by Matthew Carter (image via Web Rulon)


Similar in tone with MrsEaves, but Georgia has her mind on her own. She is an extension to myself, and you can see her all over my website playfully. I love her very much, and I found myself using only this type related to my personal contents (again, self branding). It's easy to work around this type because its various weights (bold, italic, regular) are so different from each other, but speak the same tone. I am contemplating to use her for this assignment, but I am too selfish to share her with anyone else. I'll think about it. I would probably use her faux-pas twin MrsEaves instead. I don't know. I'll get back to you!!!



--------------




Um, I forgot which typeface is this, but I made it for my (roommate's) pet cat, Psyang, which fell out the window last year. I loved Psyang! This was the best picture I took of her, messed around in Photoshop for the LUOMO look (hahahaha) and slapped on this... type. I'll update this post once I remember what type is this!

Edit: IT'S CLARENDON

No comments:

Post a Comment